Checking every list twice for this holiday season relocation.
Logistics Management Institute (LMI) was taking advantage of the quiet holiday season to relocate their corporate headquarters to McLean, Virginia. The 36-hour timer starts now.
The new LMI facility wasn’t quite done, so the relocation project specifications and schedule needed to account for ongoing construction work. Relocating from a 216,000-square-foot office space to a 165,000-square-foot space would take careful orchestration.
The scope of LMI’s needs quickly began to take shape: relocation of 380 employees, as well as file, storage and copy rooms, audio/visual rooms, Library/Resource center, Security Office and an abundance of classified safes and containers.
Interstate’s move management expertise included full move planning and time sequencing from project start to finish. A team of 49 full-time Interstate employees, approved by LMI Security, were part of the office relocation. Within the 36-hour window, 55 truckloads of equipment were relocated to McLean.
- Packing, relocation and unpacking of contents & equipment for approximately 380 employees.
- Disconnecting and reconnecting of 440 desktop computer systems.
- 20 dedicated IT technicians to facilitate the disconnection and reconnection of all IT equipment.
- Coordinated disbursement of excess furniture to satellite offices across the country.
- Set up of new desk spaces with mounting monitors, cable management and connection to network printers.
Within the 36-hour window, 55 truckloads of equipment were relocated to McLean.
Certifications & Licenses
- ISO 9001:2015, Certificate No: FS 55661
- IOMI® (International Office Moving Institute) Certified
- DSS SECRET Security Clearance
- ICE Image Charter Member
- HAZMAT Certified
- Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT)
Relocation was successfully completed within the agreed upon time frame without damage or punch list items.
“Interstate Logistics became a valued partner, rather than just a vendor, by providing a comprehensive relocation solution involving not only the office move, but also move management and the connection of our technology equipment.
Interstate suggested efficiencies whenever possible that saved us time, money and frustration. Their expertise made moving to our new headquarters easy and lightened my team’s workload.”Janet Firth, Director of Administration, LMI